Flu Shot Information 2019-2020
- Flu shots prices are $ 30 for adults and children and $ 50 for high dose for 65 and over.
- Flu shots are available by appointment at Community Health Services.
- The CDC recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older get vaccinated for seasonal flu every year. Only the injectable flu vaccine is available this year. The nasal flu vaccine (Flumist) is currently not available.
- The CDC recommends pregnant women get a flu vaccine during any trimester of their pregnancy. Influenza can be a more severe disease during pregnancy. Pregnant women may receive any licensed, recommended and age-appropriate flu vaccine.
- Options for flu vaccine at Community Health Services include vaccines protecting against four strains of flu and high-dose, an enhanced vaccine for older people.
- Check with your health care provider about getting vaccinated, or to find flu vaccines at retail outlets, visit the vaccine finder website. People who need help paying for flu vaccine should contact Community Health Services 970 920 5420.
For more information on the flu shot visit the CDC website.