- Flu shots are available by appointment at Community Health Services. Also, there will be a public flu clinic at the Town of Snowmass Village Town Hall on from .
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends only injectable flu shots this year. The nasal flu vaccine (FluMist) is not recommended.
- The CDC recommends pregnant women get a flu vaccine during any trimester of their pregnancy. Influenza can be a more severe disease during pregnancy. Pregnant women may receive any licensed, recommended and age-appropriate flu vaccine
- Options for flu vaccine at Community Health Services include vaccines protecting against four strains of flu and high-dose, an enhanced vaccine for older people;
- Check with your health care provider about getting vaccinated, or to find flu vaccines at retail outlets, visit vaccinefinder.org. People who need help paying for flu vaccine should contact Community Health Services 970 920 5420
For more information on the flu shot visit the CDC website