Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: I need birth control! What do I need to do?
A: Call us to set up an appointment!  One of our RNs can give you emergency contraception or a three month supply of birth control (NuvaRings, Depo or oral contraceptives) without a physical exam.  After those three months, you will need to schedule your annual exam with one of our nurse midwives to refill your prescription.  Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptives or LARCs (Mirena, Liletta, or Paragard IUDs and the Nexplanon Implant) require an appointment with a nurse midwife.

Q: Do you have physicians on staff?
A: No, we do not have a physician on staff.  Certified nurse midwives provide our women's health services, and registered nurses provide immunization and STD services.  We partner with All Valley Women's care so their physicians provide prenatal care services for our clients.
Q: I or a member of my family needs:
  • a physical for school or work
  • a general blood test
  • a test for strep throat
  • a wellness test
  • medicine for an earache
  • a wart treatment (non-genital)
Can your staff provide these services?
A: No.  We do not provide primary care.  CHS offers only the following direct clinical services:
Please click the links above for more information on what is included or call us to speak to a member of our staff.  For primary care services, we recommend Mountain Family Health Centers.  Call 970-945-2840.
Q: I'm leaving for foreign country name tomorrow.  Can I get my travel vaccinations today?
A: Our staff will make every effort to get you in for an appointment, however we recommend scheduling appointments for travel vaccinations at least 4-6 weeks before your travel, per the CDC recommendations here.  We cannot guarantee appointments in shorter windows.
Q: I need a receipt from my daughter/son/mother/father/friend's most recent visit.  How do I get a copy?
A: Due to restrictions outlined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, otherwise known as HIPAA, we can neither confirm nor deny that someone has been seen at our clinic, and therefore cannot provide test results, billing information, etc.  Please have the patient reach out to us directly, or have the patient complete and sign the Authorization to Release Information form here naming you in the Release To section.  The form can be faxed, mailed or dropped of at our office.  We do not recommend e-mailing the form, as we cannot guarantee e-mail security.
Q: What payment methods do you accept?
A: We will attempt to bill any insurance company.  We are contracted with United Healthcare, Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Cigna, Rocky Mountain Health Plans, Aetna, Colorado Medicaid, and Medicare (for flu and pneumonia immunizations only).  We accept cash, check, money order, debit cards, Visa, and Mastercard.
Q: I love Community Health Services and want to make a donation!  How do I do so?
A: Thank you! We have a donation collection at our front desk, and also accept donations through our Facebook page and through Paypal using the donate button on our home page.  You can also select Community Health Services at smile.amazon.com, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to us.